Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ladies & gents....We live in a dictatorship !!


I've lived in the U.S. for so long, but never in my time here have i seen a giant poster of G.Bush or Clinton before him in a stadium or a sporting event!!!

The same could be said about all European countries and I'd like to say most modern states....BUT, this trend is found all over the middleeast; which by the way is so democratic and modern!! some sarcasm here ;)

This blind gesture by the people who -for lack of a better expression- like to kiss ass and try oh so hard to impress their masters gives me a feeling of shame, and sickness at being an athlete in Kuwait.....I hope in this new and delicate period that we as a nation, could change this shameless act and really focus on the real issues that haunt our sporting community.

No comments: